Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Where to change User Bands

7 REPLIES
New poster

Re: Where to change User Bands

Ok. I switched to install wizard using quick setup now, but if the problem persists i will take decoder in to Multi-choice. 

Trending

The only decoders with only 2 UBs is the HD PVR 2 and the 5 series non PVR decoder.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

I can't help further. You should be able to change all three IF the decoder is an Explora 1.

You could also try to use the wizard and select decoder option 1. It should then get all three settings correct. The UB settings are all in the same place. 

I don't have an Explora to confirm

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Yes it's the same set-up as the other thread. 

I am changing the frequency via installation wizard and doing it manually, but there is no option for a tuner 3. It's only tuner 1 and 2, unless i am supposed to change the settings somewhere else

Trending

Okay, Is this the same setup as per the other thread?

The 5-2 switch has a label on it with the UBs you should be using. The LNB  is then a Twin LNB.

What probably happened then is the sw update defaulted to settings not suitable for the 5-2 switch.

The above is correct for one decoder connected to port A on the 5-2 switch.

The UBs you should be using are

Tuner 1 UB 0

Tuner 2 UB 1

Tuner 3 UB 2

The frequencies are on the 5-2 switch label

New poster

I have an Explora (the first one) and a normal HD Decoder connected to a switch 5-2. The dish is an

Elsat dish but i dont know what the LNB is but i can check if told where to find out. 

Trending

The settings depend on how many decoders are connected to a common SLNB or switch and what type of SLNB is in use.

If only one decoder then the defaults would be correct depending on which LNB you have.

New poster

Where to change User Bands

Good day, 

I recently saw someone complaining about not being ablet to watch Box Office, Catch up as well as no information showing in the TV Guide. I am experiencing the same problem and browsed the Community for posts and came across instructions for changing User Bands (link below)

https://community.dstv.com/t5/Technical-Info/DStv-Decoders-Which-UserBands-UBs-to-use/m-p/7963

The page however does not however show which settings are applicable after an update. Are the default settings correct after software update or should there be a new configuration to compliment the update. Can anyone assist with this query please

Regards

Anton