Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

CU space - Explora

Highlighted
Doccie

CU space - Explora

In order to create more space on my Explora CU for more series to be loaded, I would prefer that only 2 episodes, instead of 4, be loaded at any one time per weekly series.

6 REPLIES
Doccie

Re: CU space - Explora

Some us us need those 4 episodes ... not getting to everything Smiley Happy Nothing I hate more that having missed an episode due only 2 available. However , if they make the older ones available via CU+ , and the latest 2 on CU, that will work for me. 

Quad LNB Explora switch 5.1 | Explora (Primary) Pace 4Tuner HDPVR (Secondary) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped) | DSD1110 in holiday mode |DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi
Doccie

The other issue is, what will they use to fill up all that additional space? Most likley just more of what you DON't want.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora1 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

@Luke7777 wrote:

Some us us need those 4 episodes ... not getting to everything Smiley Happy Nothing I hate more that having missed an episode due only 2 available. However , if they make the older ones available via CU+ , and the latest 2 on CU, that will work for me. 

I don't use CU+, but as far as I understand, most (if not all) that is on CU is on CU+.

Doccie

@krugie wrote:

The other issue is, what will they use to fill up all that additional space? Most likley just more of what you DON't want.

Let's fight the space issue first, then the content. But if we are sacrificing series content, then I expect new series content in return.

Doccie

Still wish I had the option to decide on which series to fill my space. As krugie said, many unwanted ones there. 

Quad LNB Explora switch 5.1 | Explora (Primary) Pace 4Tuner HDPVR (Secondary) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped) | DSD1110 in holiday mode |DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi
Doccie

@Luke7777 wrote:

Still wish I had the option to decide on which series to fill my space. As krugie said, many unwanted ones there. 

Agree. As most of you know, I'm not technical at all, but this is how I would like it:

As programming (series / movies/ etc) becomes available for CU, a menu / list appears on which we mark yes / no for download. Only those marked yes would then download, and not everything available, e.g. I don't want movies. The decoder can advise once limit reached, have a percentage used much like recording space.

Feasible, I don't know....